Zeta Phi Beta Sorority’s position on hazing:
Hazing in any form or fashion is contrary to the philosophy and objectives of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, and as such, the Sorority emphatically prohibits and denounces hazing. Therefore, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority defines hazing as any action or activity which…
- brings about physical, mental, emotional or psychological harm to the potential member or is humiliating in its intent;
- is vulgar, abusive, physically exhausting or dangerous;
- materially disrupts an individual’s academic, professional, and personal endeavors;
- abridges a person’s moral, religious or dietary beliefs;
- compels an individual to break the rules and regulations of her college or university, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated or other entities; or
- is defined as hazing under applicable laws.